How do I get blue marker out of a pink t-shirt

My daughter got this expensive LT'D 2 shirt for Christmas and someone at school marked up the back of it with blue marker. How can I save this shirt for her. It's her fav? I washed it once but did not put it in the dryer.

marihand

Asked by marihand at 1:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Did you try oxy clean/spray and wash? I know to get blue ink out of a shirt you spray hairspray on it and scrub with a toothbrush.
    Anonymous

• Oxi-clean spray works for me too-spray on the stain then use an old toothbrush to work it into the fibers really good. Then wash. If it doesn't totally come out, try it again. It could take a few times. Also, if it is a white shirt-you can get the bleach pen and just go over the marker stain, and carefull hand rinse just the stained area. You just have to be very careful not to get the bleach on other parts of the shirt that are color. I have done this sucessfully before though.
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 1:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Oops. Just noticed that it's pink. So try the Oxi-Clean!!
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 1:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• de-greaser.
    it works everytime just put it in a spray bottle and spray the stain.
    then work it in with a toothbrush.
    it usually only takes one wash sometimes two.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• WD-40 might work. Spray it on, as pp mentioned, rub it in, let sit overnight.....before you wash, put a liquid detergent on the stain and rub again, then wash. You may need to do it more then once. If it didn't all come out the first time, do not put it in the dryer, air dry it then try again.
    websorceress

Answer by websorceress at 4:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I just got dark blue marker out of my son's white shirt this week...I sprayed with spray and wash, then sprinkled with oxi clean and added a little Gonzo on top (you could just use more spray and wash or shout gel (another of my favorites) if need be...let that sit for a while...you could lightly brush the oxi clean in and then just wash as usual. I have a lot of luck mixing those cleaners together - Gonzo, oxi clean and shout gel...sounds like a lot but I've had a lot of luck getting stains out this way without ruining/discoloring the clothes.
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 4:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Snap Heavy Duty gets everthing from ink to grease and even blood paint, wine you name it it will take it out.

MOTIVESMOMMY

Answer by MOTIVESMOMMY at 11:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2009