My 3.5 yr old keeps getting a rash

She is going to be 4 in April. She has been potty trained since 19 months old, butI achually took her to the bathroom up until she was I think 3, but now she doesn't tell me when she goes so I don't take her anymore. The thing is I notice she isn't wipping how I know that is bc she doesn't flush the toilet all the time. She the other day was holding her priavte I asked her what was wrong and she said it was burning. So I had her lay on the floor so I can look and it was very red. I told her it is bc she doesn't wipe. I took some diaper cream and put it on her the thing is she starts laughing and says it tickles I tell her to stop bc when she does that it makes me feel uncomfertable doing it. My hubby wont do it which I understand I guess. But is it ok to put diaper cream on an almost 4 yr old that is in underwear? And how can I get her to start either telling me when she goes so I can wipe her or learn to wipe herself

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have the same problem with my sd, I use diaper cream myself. Also, do not use any bubble bath, that can irritate girls. Also, normally for my son, I do a bath every other day but for her it has to be everyday. Really seems to have lessened the problem.
    lalli_lalli

Answer by lalli_lalli at 1:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't put the cream on her. Give her a bath or shower daily. Tell her that if she doesn't wipe properly she will hurt. Pain is a great motivater for people of all ages to learn. Good luck.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009