cradle cap??

My daughter is 16 months old, and she has thick.. and looong hair, past her shoulders, she still has cradel cap right where her hair line is.. what can i do to get rid of it... I've tried any and everything.. It just doesn't seem to be going away! Help mom's.........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mustela makes a wonderful shampoo that will help. Babies R Us sells it. I use it every couple weeks (it's a little more pricey) and Aidin's scalp is so much better. It was one of the best bath gifts I received. I tried oil but it was too messy and never really cleared it up. GOOD LUCK
    aidinsmama

Answer by aidinsmama at 3:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i put lotion in her hair after her bath rubbed it in and then took a fine tooth comb and combed i did that every night. do not pick at it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Have you tried tar shampoo?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Are you sure it's cradle cap and not exczema/psorraisis (sp?)??? I'd check with the pedi to be sure.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It is cradel cap.. the only problem with getting rid of it, is bc he hair is so thick and long.. We've done the baby oil and combing it out, we've done the lightly combing of it.. I just don't kno what else to do for it! As far as I know there's nothing on the market to help cradle cap?
    Anonymous

• I used head and shoulders and it went away for good. I know they say not to use that, but another mom told me and I was desperate so I did it and that was the end of cradle cap. Just be really careful not to get in her eyes (like you don't know that.)
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 7:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2009