What could this be?

My 11 month old has little round marks on his leg they kind of look like cigarette burns and on the top of them they look kind of scalely or dry looking.
3 on one knee area and 1 on the other knee area.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like ecsema. I would try putting aquaphor on them. And maybe putting a humidiphier in his room at night.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 1:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Ringworm. Take him to the doctor for confirmation. There is a cream to put on it. But it is HIGHLY contagious and can spread so get it treated quickly.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree, sounds more like ringworm.
    Anonymous

• Could be a variety of things. Google ringworm and eczema and see if that's what it looks like. More than likely it's just little dry patches, my baby gets them and I just put some cream on them. The eczema cream in the baby section at walmart works great. If it looks like ringworm though I would call the doctor. They can tell you what to put on it.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Ringworm. You need to get some anti-fungal cream, the stuff for athletes foot works, generic is fine.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I'm adding my vote for ringworm!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• sometimes eczema can present like ringworm.
    it's called nummular eczema.

ask your child's doctor.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 2:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009