What do you think about people who file bankruptcy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think people shouldn't judge others until they have walked in their shoes.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I think in circumstances of lay offs, death, or severe illness it's okay. As for the people who just go charge happy and finance things they can't afford, I think it's wrong.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 2:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I think they must be broke

Answer by gemgem at 2:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I think in some situations it can't be avoided. I think it is wrong to do it over and over.
    Anonymous

• depends on the circumstances.If It's it on obscene amounts of credit card debt that they racked up just because they can't live within their means, or go out and spend more knowing they will not pay it back because they will be filing bankruptcy, I'm not sympathetic and don't have much respect for them.
    Anonymous

• It depends on the situation. If someone lost a job and it wasn't their fault. I think it's excusable. But if it's due to poor choices I have less respect for them.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Nothing
    melissam21

Answer by melissam21 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• People that do it because they HAVE to, it's fine. It's not cheap to go that route...Not like they get to keep anything. You loose everything (or at least you are suppose to). People who cheat the system, they piss me off and i try not to think to hard about those people.
    faery33

Answer by faery33 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Well I used to think it was people just taking the easy way out...ALL THE TIME. But now that i am an adult and see how bad things can get my eyes are open wide. Meaning that if you are charging to know that you will file one day, or you charge and then realize "oh shit" then i still think its the easy way out. However, if it is like my situation...My house bill is too high, my utilities are going through the roof, my car payment is so so, my husband didnt have a payment and then money was good two years ago so we got a new car, a baby came, and EVERYTHING keeps going up but the paychecks...then I see that in this day in age with the economy the way it is, it is the only way good people can get help, then i dont think its too bad. but if you taking the easy way out then yeah i think its wrong.
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 8:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009