Have you ever met a millionaire? Were they what you expected?

MommasCooCoo

Asked by MommasCooCoo at 2:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• i have known many, the multi's that were old money would never want you to know what they were worth (for fear of kidnapping) etc... the new money and people who had in the low millions were more showy about it... i think it all depends on the individual how much the money dictates their lives and tastes...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yep my parents and yes they are my parents, its what i expected LOL

Answer by gemgem at 2:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My inlaws are millionaires. They are pretty normal.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my hubby's boss is and I wasn't expecting him to be such a tightwad.
    Anonymous

• yes and yes. They were all pompous asses who thought they ruled the world (perhaps they did!) My father was wealthy but not a millionaire but had friends who were. He got upset bc I wouldn't marry one. He didn't care which one. (sad if you ask me) I found that with money comes power and with power comes control. I have no desire to be controlled with money. Sex maybe but not money! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 2:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my brother and his wife. She is a CEO and and he owns his own co.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yeah, they own like so many luxury cars and yeah they are cool......
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I know a few people that have quite a bit of money but you'd never know it by the way they look, act, dress or the house or cars they own.
    Then there's another that in the privacy of her home or one on one she's so nice and down to earth but if you talk to her out in public you feel like a bug that needs to be squished.
    A lot of people assume people have more money than they do tho. Our employees are all the time talking about how much money we have, asking for loans etc but they have no idea that a lot of what we make is sent out each month in payroll, material and regular business expenses. Little do they know, they get a check every week and we sometimes go a month without one but we have good credit to carry us through on the bad months and hope the next job will make enough to pay that money back quickly.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My family is old money and new money. They are really down to earth people and nobody would ever know they were both multi-millionaires. My husband didn't know for the first year we dated. My husband and I aren't millionaires but we make very good money. We don't let our friends know because people tend to think differently of you. Celebrities give the wealthy a bad name. My father gives millions to charities each year and donates his time. My mother does as well. They are both very good people.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I've known lots of people that are very wealthy. They are all different. And there is no expectation.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009