Sweet or creepy?

12 and 13 year old actually still believing in Santa. Like writing letters to him,believing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2015 in General Parenting

• Not sweeter creepy, kind of naïve. Or maybe immature.

Answer by louise2 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2015

• There is nothing wrong with it. It is not creepy or immature. It just is.

I'm 46 and still believe in Santa b/c I believe he is part of the magic of Xmas.

Besides, what is so wrong about believing in Santa? Why does society insist on telling kids that he isn't real but at the same time, flood the season with pictures of him??
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2015

• What are the kids like in general? Naive in many ways, noticeably out of step with their peers, or not? Sometimes "believing" amounts to a co-conspiracy with adults, or a willful insistence kind of thing that doesn't necessarily reflect a kid's actual knowledge. I know I did not openly claim non-belief or talk openly about knowing that my parents filled the stockings.

I would not automatically assume that how they act definitely and accurately indicates what they actually believe.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 8:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2015

• I had to tell my oldest at 11. I thought kids would make fun of him. My 10 year old believes. It's sweet but I would tell them after Christmas.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:54 AM on Dec. 3, 2015

• I agree 100% with SpiritedWitch!

wreath

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2015

• What's creepy about it?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 3, 2015