How will this country ever survive....

When we are so divided? I mean, SO divided! How on earth will we succeed?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 2:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• MMM, in part I think our division can make us stronger. The fact that we have differing opinions means that we can actually complement each other and not wind up with a dictatorship.

We aren't a family. We don't all need to sit down to Christmas dinner and get along. What we all need to do is continue to go after what we feel is important.

I would actually be a fan of a little MORE division. I don't like the two parties being in such power right now.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Who knows!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• We won't. So many people want to get along, but the higher ups and the likes of the ultra right and ultra left keep knocking them down.
    Anonymous

• Well, we made it through the civil war...maybe there's always hope...
    Anonymous

• I think that the Q's to ask are how bad is this going to get? That is what I want to know?

Are states going to go belly up before the end of this? There are actually cities thinking of letting their police departments go bc there is NO money left.

I think that it will be survival of the fittest, primitive, I know, but what can you do on your own that you don't need anyone else to help you with-that is the Q to ask our selves. Just in case.
    Anonymous

• Survival of the smartest and fittest. :(
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My Dh has told me that no matter how bad it gets-he knows how to do "manly things" and that we'd get by. Hunting and that kind of stuff.

he jokes saying that we'd never starve-but there is something serious in his voice sometimes that makes me think that he thinks that that is where we are headed.
    Anonymous

• I don't know but I will tell you this, it's not worth sacrificing our core values just to be "united" in a government we can't really approve of.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• As for anon above me - my Dh often gives me that same eerie feeling
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• How will this country ever survive....

The divide has always been there.  2 Years ago, there were Bush Haters and bashing.  No one seemed to mind being "divided" then, did they?  Didn't they embrace the divide?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2009