My sons father!

I have had it with my oldest sons father. He keeps on texting my parents and harrassing them. I had a restraining order on my ex, he is very volatile so even though now the restraining order is lifted my parents do the communication because my ex makes up stories and lies to try to get us all in trouble in court. He harrasses my parents telling them they need to drive our son down 1 hr to see him... The court order specifically says that his father is responsible for 100 percent of transportation. He only comes twice a month and has him 9am to 3pm every saturday. He asked for a change of day and asked to change it to sunday that I worked with him on.

My parents don't say mean things or be volatile back they just say to him that the court order says he is to be responsible for transportation. My sons father has never really been involved. Has taken our son 3 times over night in 9 yrs. He never calls our son, barely comes for visits. What should I do? 

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Dec. 8, 2015 in General Parenting

• What about him?! More info please.....

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2015

• Stick to the court agreement and disregard any other calls. Contact your Attorney if he continues this.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2015

• Everyone should stop talking to him. If it bothers him he can go to court.

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2015

• What the others said.

Answer by DJDNY at 11:26 AM on Dec. 8, 2015

• You do nothing. Make him do the effort to see his son. If he doesn't do anything. Just leave it alone. Go by the court order.

Answer by louise2 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2015

• Tell your parents to refuse to talk to him beyond time & place of pick ups & drop offs. If his behavior is considered harassment, then it's time to reinstate the restraining order. Since he sounds like such an ass, be glad he has little involvement in your son's life. Hopefully you have male family members who can step up as an example of what a truly good man is like. GL

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:56 PM on Dec. 8, 2015

• I would document all of his texts, phone calls and turn them over to your lawyer. I would also advise your parents to let him know that they are aware of what the court order states (in regard to child pick up/drop off) and will NOT go against what is stated. Also tell him that the ONLY phone calls or textsthey will accept or reply to from him need to be about what day/time he will be there to get or return the child. If he fails to stop harassing them then the restraining order needs to be put back in place. Good luck!

Answer by MizLee at 10:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2015