what is a good way for my toddler to get interaction with other kids that does nto cost alot of money?

i have a 17 mo old daughter. only child who has very little onteraction with other kids. i want her to be around other kids but i dont have very much money to spend. any suggestions?

vampire2007

Asked by vampire2007 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am not sure where you live, but in my area there are a lot of playgroups. I found mine on meetup.com. My group has a lot of playdates every week to choose from. Many are at home playdates which cost nothing. And others are park playdates and other free little things. While we do those free things we also do a few things that cost money but most of those are less than $5. Best of luck, just check out meetup.com or see if there are any cafemom groups in your area. I really hope you find something that works for you.
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The local park is where I take my children. --hey, its free. : ) We even pinic with happy meals while we're there.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Join a mom's group.
    These are large national groups with chapters all over the country:
    www.MomsClub.com
    www.MOPS.com

Or try looking for a mom's group or playgroup in your area on:
    www.meetup.com
    www.yahoo.com - look in their "groups" section.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• your local library may have storytime. mine has a birth to 23 month class. they put out playmats and toys, play music, sing/dance, read books, etc. it's awesome!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The mall in my town has a great toddlers play area. They have a security guard there and you go in with your child, so it's a great safe (and free) place for them to climb and play with each other, no matter what the weather's like outside. There is also an aquarium where I live, and it too has a toddler play area. So I invested in a membership and now we go about once a week. As the weather gets warmer (thinking positive) you should start checking out local parks and playgrounds. If you can figure out a popular time for moms with toddlers at a nearby playground, you'd have a free place to go socialize all spring, summer, and fall.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Try a Calvary Chapel church. My daughter goes to the nursery and is there for 1 1/2 hr while we go to service. Blessings!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• MOPS
    church nursery
    playground
    does your mall have a play are for kids?
    McDonalds
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 11:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• where are you located?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• A lot of public libraries have story times for the different age groups.
    Anonymous