What are your favorite Holiday desserts?

My cousin makes these every year for Christmas they are amazing.

DJDNY

Asked by DJDNY at 10:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2015 in Holidays

• I'm not big on honey but my sister is addicted to them. I like black forest cake or a bouche de noel. We have a family friend who makes one and brings it every year for Christmas. He adds little trees and deer. Too cute and delish! He makes his own mushrooms for it too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:52 AM on Dec. 17, 2015

• My mom used to make something similar, but no honey. Instead she'd fry the dough and then sprinkle the balls with powdered sugar, very much like beignets. She just called it "fried dough."

I don't do the fried dough, but I do make a ricotta pie every year, and we get a buche de Noel from a local French bakery.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:05 AM on Dec. 17, 2015

• Mmmmm.... that looks yummy! :p My mom makes this pastry-type cookie w/ jelly in the center & powdered sugar on top. I like those the best. Of course, I wouldn't say "no" to a frosted cut-out sugar cookie :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 17, 2015

• My favorite holiday dessert is old fashioned boiled custard. It is a hit with the family every year, and I love making it for them.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:34 PM on Dec. 28, 2015