Do you think my husband is a jerk?

I've been married with my husband for 15 years and have 7 kids with him. I recently had surgery for carpal tunnel and needed him the most, especially with the kids. He left after a day of the surgery to the city and was gone for the whole weekend. I was so pissed off because he figured my 13 year daughter would take care of everything. I think it was inconsiderate and selfish for him to leave me. He left to go to a Phoenix Suns game; the tickets were given to him. He didn't pay for these tickets. So he really didn't have to go. This isn't the first time he's done this to me. I just want to pack up myself, my kids and just leave.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• wow yea i would be mad but my hubby would have done the same i am sure. they are jerks
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Men are dense! Really!
    Anonymous

• He does sound like an ass !
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 2:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• That was so wrong. I would seriously not speak to my husband ever again. How could he possibly think a 13 year old could handle 6 kids? That's just stupid to even think about. And then to leave you after surgery, omg this infuriates me! I feel bad for you. I would have a stern talk with my husband and let him know what he did was unacceptable and selfish.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yes I think he is a jerk. But, did you ASK him to stay? I know you should not have to, but many men need to be asked. Actually told "I want you to come with me to my sugery, wait for me and then help me around the house every day for two weeks. That means you are committed to doing everything for two weeks." Substitute your time lengths. Sorry you experinced this and I hope you feel better.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Men are not always good caregivers and they think it's women's work which is why he thought the dd could handle it. I'm going to tell myself that he didn't want to see you in pain so he left until the worst was over. However, mine did the same but not for game tickets. I was 7 months pregnant and had surgery (they couldn't put me out for major surgery so it was traumatic for me). He was nice enough to drive me home afterward but dumped me there with two small children to care for. He didn't even make anything for us to eat so I had to cook! I thought I would die (but of course i didn't). When he got home he acted like it was just another day in Paradise. I was so angry after that I wouldn't speak to him for weeks!!!!! Needless to say he's an x now!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yea sometimes men assume and we all know what happens when they do that! As annoying as it is sometimes we need to give them a kick in the butt to do things. But it sounds like this is an ongoing thing with you guys. Have you talked to him about it?
    Anonymous

• He sounds like my ex. A few years ago I had the flu and was in bed with a fever for 4 days and was so weak I could barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom and he never even came in the room to see if I wanted anything to drink or eat. So basically I didn't eat or drink for 4 days until I could get out of bed and walk downstairs. What a total jerk!! I finally realized that I didn't deserve to be treated like that and we got divorced shortly after that. He just didn't get it.
    If I were you I would have a long talk with your HB or mabye even suggest going to a counselor.
    Anonymous

• to say the least!!! that's just inconsiderate on so many levels!!
    TLozier

Answer by TLozier at 4:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It was very inconsiderate. But did he realize everything you'd need help with? Sometimes men are just plain stupid. Really.

If he left after you told him what you would need him to do for you and that youd need him for the weekend, then yes he is a jerk. If he truly didn't realize it then he's just inconsiderate.

Talk to him openly about it so it doesn't happen again/
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 4:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2009