I got back with my SO after he cheated

So I have been through a lot with my SO this year and we broke up for 2 months. He really disappointed me by cheating and lying to me for months. During that time frame I decided to vent to close friends and family. I was so angry and I pretty much told everybody that he cheated and gave me an STD. So now that we have decided to work on things I feel bad that I told out business. I don't care what people will think of me but I do realize that they will judge him on the negative info I provided them. Going forward I will keep my business to myself.

Do you confide in any family members or friends about what you and your SO or Husband goes through?

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2015 in Relationships

• No. But consider that if he lied and cheated before, he could well do it again. I frankly wouldn't trust him, especially after getting an STD from him. I'd consider him dead to me, never to be seen again.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2015

• I know but he has agreed to go to counseling

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2015

• I am still hurt and it's going to take time to build up trust again. If it doesn't work out I will leave him for good.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2015

• Now that you both have a std, staying together is probably best.

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2015

• I think I'd be more worried about whether or not counseling will work, than what others might think. It's normal to want to turn to someone in a time of crisis. I'm sure I would've done the same thing. If you are able to work past your issues and end up forgiving him, then I'm sure those you confided in will eventually forgive him too. GL

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2015

• I would make sure those you told know you are going to counseling. Many people realise counseling does work. I personally would never trust the other person again. But I wish you all the best.

Answer by silverthreads at 10:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2015

• Is counseling going to make your chlamydia go away? Or is it that you feel that now you are damaged goods and he's the only one who will want you since he's got it too?

Answer by PGA at 6:43 AM on Dec. 24, 2015

• PGA it was Trich and we were both treated for it. I am not happy about him cheating and bringing something back. I do love him and he realized that he fucked up big time. I wouldn't talk to him for months and he wouldn't go away. He hated the idea of counseling but he said if that will help us then he will do it. Nobody is perfect and I would never cheat on my any man I'm with but be can change if they truly want to. I am mad as hell that he did this. I just have hope and faith that we can try again and do better by one another.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Dec. 24, 2015

• I am not dumb or I do not think nobody else would want me. I've been with this man for 4 years and I can see myself being with him forever. Up until this cheating incident we mesh very well. Connected on all levels. I don't know what provoked him to cheat. I am always so open and expressive and try to give my all so that he never feels neglected. It is not my fault for him cheating. he made a poor decision. If he can't straighten up this time then I will have to leave for good.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2015