Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is a follow up on: I can't believe this is happening. What would you all do?

This was about how my ex husband quit his job and wasn't paying any child support since October. Would any of you tell on your ex if they stopped paying child support?

It turns out that he has been working since October. He took my son to his office and my son told me the name of the company he's working for. My guess is that he's working under the table. So I hadn't gotten any money since October. He gave me a check recently for $100, even though he owes me $1450, according to the court order with his and another lady's name on it, someone I have no idea who it is. He still won't say he's working but every time I see him he's dressed in a suit and can't meet me until after 5:30. So now I'm having to talk to the child support enforcement agency in Florida to get my support.

So what are your thoughts?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2015 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • I'd say that he's either not very bright or he's not trying very hard to hide his reality... And I think you're absolutely right to see the child support enforcement agency. I presume you're going to have his wages garnished?


    Answer by goldpandora at 2:33 AM on Dec. 24, 2015

  • I don't believe he is working under the table. You just need to update child support with his job change and stop asking him for the financial support.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 24, 2015

  • He wants to enjoy fatherhood the easy way, you take care of your son whereas he wants to show off what a great man he is. He wanted to impress his son with his job, why shouldn't he impress you. I would give him 2-3 months alltogether to have his things straight, state an ultimatum, and fight for what he owes to his son.

    Answer by kujus04 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 24, 2015

  • So he may be committing tax evasion?

    I'd have turned him in in the first place.

    Answer by gdiamante at 1:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2015

  • If you want CS. Go after him. I never wanted to force it. They were dead beat dads. I didn't ask for CS. They didn't ask for visitation. We left each other alone.

    Answer by louise2 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 24, 2015

  • Yes turn him in.

    Answer by Dardenella at 2:23 PM on Dec. 24, 2015

  • I actually don't ask for child support. If he wasn't working under the table it's standard to fill out information on your job if you do owe child support. Supposedly it goes with the w2 you fill out when you first get a job. I would have thought I'd have information sent to me on a changed order by now. I haven't gotten anything in the mail. Too many red flags.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Dec. 24, 2015

  • Go to the child support and open a case.
    When he was giving it before and it was thru a court order go back to court.
    Don't ask him for financial help.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2015

  • Just remind him that he needs to pay that $1450.00 so he can be current with child support...because the longer he takes on not paying he is getting slowly behind and still has to pay all that BACK child support. If he ignores what you are telling him that will be his problem. He WILL pay sooner or later. By law he has to pay even if he thinks he is being smart by not telling you nothing, the joke will be on him you just watch.


    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.