Ear piercing problems PLEASE help?

I can't hardly wear earings, I have tried every kind they make including sterling silver, cheap to very expensive. My question is do you think if I have them re-pierced, that would make a difference. What they do is after I have the earings in for awhile the inside of my ear where you put the earing in burns and itches like it is on fire. I hope someone can help, I am to the point I just do wear any.

Gran1954

Asked by Gran1954 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• hugs sister.. i am right there with you...... when this happens, its because they pierced thru a sweat gland.. i have this problem, and the only earrings that dont do this, is nickel...i got a pair of diamond earrings from a cruise ship and they were plated with nickel, well after about 6 hours wearing them.. i was like.. hey my ears dont itch.. so i just wear them all day long, all the time.. i hardly every take them out... good luck to you.. also, some people say that if you coat them with clear fingernail polish that helps.. but for me, it never did...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• How ago did you have them pierced? I had mine pierced for the first time about 2 years ago (late bloomer) and I had that problem for a while...until they completely healed. Also some people can't wear certain metals...only gold.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yeah, I agree with hearhermarie- If you have tried actual gold, NOT gold plated, and those still hurt your ears I would say that they did not heal all the way. I would probably let them close up completely and then wait a month and get them repierced. But wearing jewelry should not hurt so I would get it taken care of quickly. best of luck!
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 2:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• This sounds really weird but a i am the same way, I am allergic to metal. If I wear a necklace I can only wear it for like an hour, if i wear it for longer i break out in a rash on my neck, same thing for earrings, rings, and and the buttons on my pants. I can wear 24 ct. gold but like i said earlier, only for an hour or so. So to anwser your question. No I don't think getting them repierced is a good idea. The burning and itching is your bodys was of telling you NO.
    casd

Answer by casd at 2:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My sister has this problem. She uses clear fingernail polish and coats all the posts of her silver, gold and surgical stainless. She can wear them for several hours (after it dries of course) without the irritation.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My mom is the same. She's just allergic to all metal, even expensive kinds.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Try using 24 karat gold...thats what I have to wear because I am allergic to nickel
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2009