Just found out we are moving.

DH is transferring his job to a different state. Now for the packing and selling the house. Did this once before. Hate it! This time we are getting rid of a lot of stuff. Not carting all this furniture with us and can not fit it in the new house. So we are downsizing (Garage sale). Either it sells or it goes to goodwill or were ever. We can always buy new furniture. And a good way to get new. 😄 Wish me luck.

Asked by louise2 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 25, 2015 in Home & Garden

• Good luck!

As a thought: consider giving your furniture and other decent stuff that you don't want to your local Buy Nothing Project group, if you have one. You can either go to or do a facebook search.

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:34 PM on Dec. 25, 2015

• Where are you moving? Good luck though. Hopefully it goes as smooth as possible for you. My sister and her family are moving in the next few months, too. Her husband got a job promotion and has to relocate. They're moving to Illnois. :(

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:01 PM on Dec. 25, 2015

• Good luck! Will your mom go with you?

Answer by silverthreads at 2:47 PM on Dec. 25, 2015

• You have my sympathies. Packing & moving sucks. Hopefully you like where you're going. And I was wondering that too, about your mom & if she was moving w/ you guys?

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 25, 2015

• It is crazy, when DH retired from the military. We were living were we are now. He could not find a job here. So he took a job right out side Yuma AZ called YPG(Yuma proving grounds). After 2 years down their, working in the heat(Outside) of the desert. He found a job back were we had moved away from 2 years prior. So we move back to the same city he retired from. That we have been living for the past 10 years or so. Now we are moving back to YPG,Yuma AZ. Same job he has now just transferring. We actually liked living their before. He just didn't like his job back then. The only issue I have in moving is selling this house. Houses here are not selling fast. We need to sell our house in less then 3 months. That part I am stressing over the most.

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Dec. 26, 2015

• Yes my mom is going with us. Right now she is reminding me of my DDs when they were young. Asking all these questions getting in my way. She pissed my DH off. He told her off.

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 9:13 AM on Dec. 26, 2015

• Get a good realtor and tell him/her you want it priced correctly. Many go in too high and then the seller has to drop the price several times to sell it. They should be able to show you comps and you all can decide on the correct price to sell it at. GL

Answer by silverthreads at 10:05 AM on Dec. 26, 2015

• Good luck L2 keep us updated.

Answer by DJDNY at 2:19 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

• How about renting the house out? Some neighbors of ours did that when they had to move to Texas for a few years, and they moved back in when the Texas gig was over. It was a smart move for them because prices had gone way up in our area (just before the real estate crash).

There are realtors who handle rentals.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:37 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

• No, we do not want to rent. We still have a mortgage. It will not us any good to rent it out. The rent will have to go onto the mortgage. Then we will have to claim the rent as income. That will mess us up financially.

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Dec. 26, 2015