How do you get over disappointment that you're not showing?

I'm 31 weeks today and I have to be naked and you almost have to touch my belly to actually believe I am pregnant. I am not showing at all. Everything is measuring fine but I can't get over the fact there is no belly. I know a lot of people say I should be happy because getting "fat" isn't fun but that is actually probably one of the things I was most looking forward to. A lot of people tease and mistake me for a man and I figured being pregnant would be a rare chance to be unmistakenly female but it just isn't going to happen, not this far along.

rcw0442ehs

Asked by rcw0442ehs at 12:19 AM on Dec. 26, 2015 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry so much over this.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:15 AM on Dec. 26, 2015

• I started wearing my maternity clothes at 5 months just so I could get some use from them. The showing happened in time.

Answer by Bmat at 10:08 AM on Dec. 26, 2015

• Get a pregnancy belt and give yourself the satisfaction of showing. Not the same thing, but might give you a laugh at least. Amazon has them. Relax and enjoy.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 10:10 AM on Dec. 26, 2015

• My brother's fiancee wasn't showing at 31 weeks either. But by 41 weeks, she looked like a balloon ready to pop.

So there's always hope.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:00 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

• No one knew I was pregnant tell I was almost do. They didn't believe me when I told them I was 8 months pregnant. They all said I only looked 4,5 months pregnant. Doctor said I carried my pregnancies inward.

Answer by louise2 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

• Youre having a baby.... who cares what you look like as long as you are both healthy!!!
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 8:06 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

• "A lot of people tease and mistake me for a man and I figured being pregnant would be a rare chance to be unmistakenly female but it just isn't going to happen, not this far along. "

So you most likely have a more athletic build- you're not going to explode with curves, it's not your body type. Obviously someone thought you were feminine and attractive enough to get you pregnant! Be happy that you are both healthy and who cares what anyone else thinks!
    PGA

Answer by PGA at 11:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2015

• Let us know how you feel in 4 to 5 weeks lol
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2015