Well getting my nails done hurt my baby?

Today i went to get my nails done at the salon and now im afraid that im gonna have a miscarriage due to the alcohols , polishes and other products. This is my first child and i really dont know , what will hurt it and what will not and im super scared .

ally1234

Asked by ally1234 at 3:05 PM on Dec. 26, 2015 in Pregnancy

• Probably not the baby,but it isn't good for you. You should be fine. Just do your own from now on(in a well ventilated room)
    Matka_Kinder

Answer by Matka_Kinder at 3:13 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

• If you were not sure, why did you do it?! Do your home work before doing things. It probably won't hurt the baby.

Answer by louise2 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

• You won't miscarry because of a manicure.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:30 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

• Honestly they don't really know how much of the chemicals are absorbed by your skin (but they are) and thus transferred to the fetus. That's why they say you should not color your hair, etc while pregnant. Best bet is to lay off that crap until you have the baby!!
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 7:57 PM on Dec. 26, 2015

• It's fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:59 AM on Dec. 27, 2015

• Im not sure but when i was pregnant with ds and dd I use to go to nail salon
    To get my eyebrows waxed and the smell of manicures made me light headed and nauseous
    I never get my nails done so i have no idea what the smell was lol
    Salvadorena

Answer by Salvadorena at 12:17 AM on Dec. 28, 2015

• I would not have them done often. I just did my own when necessary with a clear polish.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:05 AM on Dec. 28, 2015

• I'm a cosmetologist. Getting your nails done will not cause you to miscarry. Just make sure the salon is well ventilated and youll be just fine.
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2015