What do you do to make New Years Eve fun for the kids?

Last year I blew up several balloons and wrote a time on each balloon. I think starting at 5 and ending at 12. Every 30mins to 1hr we would have a different activity. Some short some longer. We had dancing, crafts, games, snack time "Special snack", etc.... When the clock was on one of the times one of the kids would pop the balloon to see what activity was inside. :) Their favorite is drinking out of champagne cups. lol.... I made them a nonalcoholic drink with gummy worms in them. So this year I think I will do the balloons again. They seemed to like it a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2015 in General Parenting

• My kids are grown. But that sounds like fun. Enjoy
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2015

• We have been to the family first night celebrations in our area for NYE. It's a lot of fun with fireworks at midnight. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2015

• Your balloon activity sounds fun.
    We have a family party with finger foods and ice cream punch. Play card games and make puzzles.

Answer by Bmat at 9:27 AM on Dec. 30, 2015

• We play games, play dough, wii, etc all night. We also let them make their own ice cream sundaes and have bunches of toppings for them. I'm thinking I may make them virgin daquiri's this year as they all love strawberries.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2015