What rear/forward facing Car Seat do you have that is really comfy and "girly" that you really like?

I am needing to find a Comfy, rear/forward facing car seat for my 15 week old baby girl. She is already almost 15 lbs. and the infant carrier is just too heavy with her in it. What do you have that your really like? She is also my first girl and I would love to find a pretty, "girly" one!

Thanks!

luvbeinmomma

Asked by luvbeinmomma at 2:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have a costco alpha omega 3 in 1. They have it in a floral pink. Or they did. Mine is brown. I wanted something neutral so I could use it again if necessary.
    Anonymous

• I have a few. I like the graco comfort sport and it comes in girly prints AND it's inexpensive. It works, is sung and comfy, it is safe and rated well.

I love the Britax ones too, they are expensive but last until you don't need any other seat.
    LoveMyBlessings

Answer by LoveMyBlessings at 3:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It depends on how much you want to spend, how long you plan on RFing and how long you plan on harnessing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Britax or the True Fit have REALLY cute girly patterns and will last a LONG time! ERF or extended rear facing is best, so you want something that RFs to 35lbs. Then you will want to EH or extended harness because *most* children when they outgrow a 40lb harnessed seat they are not mature enough to properly sit in a booster each and every time.

The Comfortsport is a VERY short seat, only RFs to 30lbs then FFs to 40lbs however most children outgrow this seat around 2yrs of age because it is so short. There are MUCH better options out there!

If you do not have the money for a Britax or True Fit the Cosco Scenera or the Avenue are both seats but only FF to 40lbs, so you will need to buy something else at that time.

Come join one of the car seat safety groups where there are certified techs and other car seat crazy mommas that can help futher :-)
    Josef1129

Answer by Josef1129 at 6:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree with Josef. However, just because she is heavy to carry in the infant carrier doesn't mean you have to get a new seat. When my kids were about 4 months old, I just left the carrier in the car and took them in and out like a regular carseat.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 7:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Thank you all for the help! I also needed to get a more comfy one because she loves her big brother's car seat but hates hers! There is just no padding in it. I just bought a True Fit because I liked the reviews on it even more then the Britax. Thanks again!
    luvbeinmomma

Answer by luvbeinmomma at 11:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I have the Compass True Fit, in the Monet print. It RF to 35lbs and FF to 65lbs. It is very simple to use for the most part, and costs just under $200. This seat will see most children to booster seat ready age and weight.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 10:04 PM on Feb. 28, 2009