38 weeks. Just lost mucus plug!!!TMI

I am 38 weeks today, and I just lost my mucus plug. It was SUPER bloody and gross. I am dialated to a 4 and 50 % effaced. So my questions if anyone else expierenced anything like my story and how far off was labor? This is my first pregnancy, and I have not had any contractions except for braxton hicks.
Thanks

adupuie

Asked by adupuie at 2:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my son four days after I lost my mucus plug, and I hadn't had any contraction either. So hang in there...It's close!
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I didn't go into active labor for more than 2 weeks after I lost my plug. And then it stalled and I had to be induced with pitocin. So the moral of the story is that losing your plug doesn't really mean much of anything. But you're almost to the finish line. Hang in there, mama!
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my doctor just called and said it could be the gel she used from the examination. Seems a little weird to me. It def. did NOT look like any sort of gel. It was super red.
    adupuie

Answer by adupuie at 4:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2009