How much is your premium?

Hi ladies, i was wandering if you would tell me how much your premium is per year for car insurance. We have a 07 dodge ram 3500 and a 2005 chevy impala. And the yearly premuim is $2032.00 for both. That is $169.00 per month. I was trying to see if that is good or if i need to shop around since we are coming up for renewal. I have always just gone by my monthly payment instead of looking at my annual premium. What are some or yours. We cary higher limits and lower deducts if that matters.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• We pay 89 a month for two SUV's. We have perfect driving records and are in our 30s. We have great coverage.
    Anonymous

• I don't know my exact premium for car ins. but we have 2 newer cars with full coverage and low deductibles. We pay $148/month for our car insurance and 2 life insurance policies with State Farm, so I would say that you need to shop around. Of course these things depend on where you live too. You won't know for sure until you get some quotes from other companies, so start making some phone calls.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i am 20 and pay $200 month full coverage on 2008 toyota tacoma and 2000 ford explorer my rates are sky high because im so young. cant wait til i save some $$$ in the future.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• we pay 86 for full coverage on two cars. We're both in our 30s too with clean driving records.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• It varies by location, credit history, prior record, etc. Shop around. You might find a better deal.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• we pay about $1800 per year for 2 vehicles.
    We moved our insurance for a month or two last year to help us get a multi policy discount.

When we changed vehicles insurance for 1 vehicle was going to be over $1600 so we switched back to AAA.

It really all depends on the vehicle and what risk the underwriters are willing to carry at each company... It pays to make at least 2 calls a year to make sure.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2009