I am so lonely!!!

I've been single for almost 2 years now. BLAH! My mother or my childs father takes him on the weekends, so I like to drink after a long week. When I drink, I feel good, but I also get SO lonely. LOL. Theres a handsome guy that lives across from my apartment... I see him sometimes outside and its so hard for me to even look at him without feeling like an idiot! I've never seen him with anyone before...I can see his car and its rarely ever parked , so I'm guessing he's a busy man. He doesn't ever smile or wave or anything when he sees me so Im also guessing he' may not be interested? I don't know.

Anyone have any ways I can approach him? I haven't done this since high school days LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2016 in Relationships

• "May I borrow a cup of sugar?"........ knock on his door and just ask.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2016

• ^ I REALLY wish I was that BOLD! LOL
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2016

• Whatever you do, don't approach him when you've been drinking, OK?

The cup of sugar routine is always a good one. Or a recommendation for a mechanic: "I'm not happy with the place I went to last time. Who do you use?" Or if you're paying for your own cable/internet (I don't know if complexes supply that anymore; they used to back when I was single): "My contract is coming up and I'm trying to decide who to go with. Who's your provider?"

Common ground, you know? But keep in mind,having a child may be a deal breaker for him already.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2016

• Go out and meet other people . If he is interested in you he will come to you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2016

• Gdiamante- I was thinking that as well :(
    Virginamama71- I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he's just shy like me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2016

• I agree w/ Gdiamante about not approaching him after you've had a few. I also think you should broaden your horizons a bit. Let friends & family know you're interested in dating again. They may know some nice, single men. Take a class, join a gym, volunteer. There are lots of ways to put yourself out there. But just be careful. And be sure to go slow, esp. when it comes to introducing him to your child. That shouldn't happen for a very, very long time. Like not-til-there's-a-ring involved, long time. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:12 AM on Apr. 3, 2016

• mrsmom is SO right.

Start getting involved in things. Meet people OUTSIDE of the dating scene; that's where you find the folks who are worthwhile.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:25 AM on Apr. 3, 2016

• Get out and about and get involved. Go to meetup.com and search for groups of people who share a common interest like dancing, hiking, photography, reading, bicycling, etc, etc. Stop into your local library and see what they have going on. Most have a bulletin board with ongoing activities. Go to your town's website and see what is going on around town. Set the example for your child that you are a strong, independent, woman who has outside interests. Most men want to interact with an interesting woman who has many interests. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 4:15 PM on Apr. 3, 2016