He bought a damn XBOX??

My fiancé has been wanting an xbox for a very long time! We never could afford it. Its around 300-400$ and that doesn't include the controllers and games. He almost bought it the other day and I told him NO... Save some of that money or we can use it on something else, IMPORTANT.

So my car is in the shop...The car we BOTH use and he told me were going HALF on the car... Then he started to complain about how every time gets money , he has to spend it.

Today, he walks through the door with an XBOX!! Are you serious right now? He spent almost 500$ on a damn xbox and games! I'm livid!! Complained about helping me with my car that again, we BOTH USE.....But goes and buys something so stupid...Yet i have to go HALF on a car with money i BARELY have.

Maybe Im overreacting here a bit. But my other point is....This guy has no respect or regards of how I feel. If you told your husband not to buy something, would he walk through the door flaunting it? truly pathetic. My car is still in the shop...God only know whats wrong with it at this point and how much it will cost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Apr. 5, 2016 in Relationships

• Don't promote him to husband.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2016

• Indeed, demote him to EX-fiance. Do it now.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2016

• He sounds very immature and irresponsible. I would insist on premarital counseling or tell him to take his game and controllers and shove 'em where the sun don't shine. He can go play his X-box in his mama's basement while you find a mature, responsible mate.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2016

• He would not become my DH if I was you! He would become my EX fiancé. Just remember how he acts now. Will be the way he acts as your DH. The car is your? Stop letting him use YOUR car. He has shown how much he cares if it gets fixed.

Answer by louise2 at 7:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2016

• "If you told your husband not to buy something, would he walk through the door flaunting it? truly pathetic."

By the way... more than truly pathetic. Grounds for DIVORCE.

Better to be single for the rest of your life than to marry someone this immature!

Answer by gdiamante at 9:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2016

• "Then he started to complain about how every time gets money, he has to spend it. "

Have you explained to him that that is what being a grown up is all about? That you work to pay bills, not to play? That the play money is what is left over after the IMPORTANT STUFF has been paid for? His level of immaturity is off the scale. Did he never live alone before you?

Do you have children with this ... this ... manchild?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2016

• Well there is a difference between a husband and a fiancée.
    A husband's assets and your own are technically the same.
    As a fiancée, you are still basically a free agent. You decide you are fed up and you leave, does he still have use of YOUR car? Is the title also in his name?
    At the beginning of our marriage we had one car. It was mine from before and DH chose not to have it put in his and my name for almost a year because we could just do it when the plates and taxes were due. Fine. But it was still ours.
    We both had access but we did not use it equally by any means. As a wife the money came out of our account to fix it. As a girlfriend I would never ask him to help me pay for upkeep on MY car.
    I hope you see the difference.
    Your finances are separate then the difference in how much you make and how much he makes is irrelevant. You also do not get to throw a hissy fit about how he spends HIS money ,
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:09 PM on Apr. 6, 2016

• It doesn't sound like you discussed this with him but forbade it, like he is your child.
    Most people tend to do the opposite when this happens.
    Personally this relationship does not appear to have a very good chance of success.
    You want to be in charge but retain the MINE attitude.
    And he is not going to fall in line.
    You are both to immature to be getting married or probably to be shacking up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:12 PM on Apr. 6, 2016

• Return it!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:18 PM on Apr. 6, 2016

• Get your car out of the shop and the first time he takes it, report it stolen.
    PGA

Answer by PGA at 2:36 AM on Apr. 7, 2016