What is your schedule with your little ones?

I have twin six month olds and a 3 year old so things are hectic in my home. I do it alone most of the time because their father works out of town for months at a time. I've been searching for the best schedule for feedings, naps, playtime, ect.

I have a schedule currently and wanting to change it up. What's your schedule? Do you have any advise for me with 3 kids (two of which are twins)?

Kimburrly

Asked by Kimburrly at 1:00 AM on Apr. 10, 2016 in General Parenting

• Mine didn't do naps. He'd conk out on occasion, but naps? Heck no. The rest of it? Built around what was already in operation in our family before my son was born. DH and I both worked, so breakfast was early in the morning. If I hadn't been working, it would be the moment we woke up. Lunch at noon. Dinner when we were all home. That's a toddler schedule. For six-month-olds... I was breastfeeding so it was strictly on demand. And I'd follow that rule even without breastfeeding. Schedules are for buses, not babies, y'know?

Playtime was any time we weren't doing something else.

If you're already following something and the family is thriving, then don't go fixing what's not broken.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 AM on Apr. 10, 2016

• I agree that if you have a schedule now stay with it. My babies were put down for naps when they showed the signs they were tired. As they got older they were awake for longer stretches. The rest of the day's activities revolved around the napping. My kids did not nap after 2 years old, but I know kids who nap even at 5 . After lunch was naptime once they were on one nap. Then it got to the point that they would just play in their bed, so I didn't do naps anymore. Moms i know with twins kept them on same schefule until they were a little older and sometimes one needed a daily nap and the other did not. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:08 AM on Apr. 10, 2016

• Wow you really have your hands full! I have 6, but all singles about two yrs apart. I always tried to make them nap at the same time. I don't remember how long mine napped at 6 months. My youngest is two now and takes a two hour nap. My 4 yr old still takes one every once in a while for about 30 min to an hour. Some kids need a strict schedule, others don't. My youngest two became unbearable if they didn't nap and go to bed on time.

Depending on how often your twins are eating, it might be helpful to feed them while your older one is napping.

Anyway, my kids are up at 7, 6 yr old off to school at 8, outside time at 10, lunch at 12, 2 yr old naps at around 1, sleeps till 3, we pick up 7 yr old at 3:30. Ds4 has quiet time from 1-3, he watches tv, does a puzzle, colors, or sleeps. Homework time from 4-5, then dinner at 6:30 or 7, bedtime at 8:30 for all the kids.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 10, 2016

• Well 6 month olds, I don't think can really be on a schedule really. The 3 year old should be on a schedule.
    My schedule was bed time 9 pm, nap time, noon for an hour. They always got up really early on their own like 6am.

Answer by louise2 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 11, 2016