Teenager party - good mom or bad mom

Okay, last night my son,age 15, came to me at 11:40pm. A friend, female, had texted him about three of her friends that went to a party. The party was busted by the cops. This party was about 45 minutes away from where we live, our town.
Anyhow, I was told these girls needed a ride home. The girl that texted my son was at her home. So, I get dressed and drive the 45 minutes to find these girls. My son texting them the entire time. Well, the girl who drove could not find her car BUT she was in a car with a stranger, male,but with the other two girls. SO, the girl endup calling the drivers mom - I was told because she couldn't Find her car.
So, there were also boys at this party from our town. They literally took off into the pastures to get away from the cops. One went back because he drove there and was caught by the law and charged with minor in concumption.
So we drive back roads and find these four boys. One is in contact with his parents and the other two are worried their parents will find out.
The boy in contact with his parents - I drop him off with his parents, because he admitted that he'd been drinking, so his parents picked up his vehicle and the other one drove him home. His vehicle was parked in our town.
I drop the other two boys off at one of their homes, this mom wasn't home. She was in another town at her boyfriends house - so these kids were unsupervised.
When we found the fourth boy, there were probably at least 6 to 8 more kids left there. They called another boy from our town to come get them.
Yes, they all made it home.
So, we got back home around 1:30 am.

My question is as one of these kids parents - where would I stand with you?

I don't socialize with these parents but wondering what the comments would be about my actions.

I think and don't mind being the parent that kids could call, if too scared to call their parents.
Yes, if something too serious were to happen, yes I'd content the parents. These kids had been drinking but were not drunk.
I'd rather them call me, then to get in a vehicle with someone who was drunk.

Thought???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2016 in Teens (13-17)

• I would be grateful my kid got home safely. From there, that's between me and my child.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2016

• I think you did well to make sure the young people were home safely.

Answer by Bmat at 8:37 AM on Apr. 13, 2016