Swearing?

I was sitting on my front porch yesterday. Two teens were walking down the street. A neighbor teen boy and I guess a friend who must live down further on the street. Well they wer absorbed in there conversation must not have seen me. And the boy who lives close to us said something about a female called her a bitch. I was like WHAT!
I am going to ask you ladies. Would you say anything to his parents? We kind of know them. But not that good. If it was your son, would you want to know your son was calling females bitch?

Asked by louise2 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 14, 2016 in Teens (13-17)

• Unfortunately teenagers cuss. Esp. when they're hanging out w/ their friends. I don't like it either, but since he didn't call you the "B" word, then I would probably just let it go. Unless it was said in front of little kids, in which case, I would speak up right then & there and tell them to watch their language. Alhough, I've heard younger kids w/ potty mouths too. (smh)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2016

• I don't let cuss words get to me unless they are directed at me.....I would not get involved in telling their parents, specially when you don't know them well..for all you know maybe the female they were referring to was a bitch!! lol!

Answer by older at 3:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2016

• I would want to know if it was my son.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2016

• If they didn't direct it in your direction, let it go. Don't say anything to the parents.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2016

• Let it go. He was just trying to look badass in front of his friend.
    Matka_Kinder

Answer by Matka_Kinder at 4:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2016

• No. Just no!
    Ramble_on

Answer by Ramble_on at 6:01 PM on Apr. 14, 2016

• ^^^^ LOL! Older You crack me up :p And I totally agree.... we all know at least one! :0
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2016

• I would let it go.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2016

• No, don't say anything to his parents. They may use the language themselves, but regardless he hears it all the time from his peers.

Answer by Bmat at 10:16 AM on Apr. 15, 2016

• I wouldn't worry about it. Sure you didn't like it but since you don't know what all was involved it would make you look bad. For all you know she could be one. There are some women that look like dogs. As a parent I would tell you to keep your nose out of it unless it was my child threatening to harm someone, sell them drugs, etc.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:37 AM on Apr. 15, 2016