I'm quitting my job....

So I'm thinking about quitting my job and just working part-time so I can qualify for some sort of assistance. I HATE my job and would be much happier staying at home and raising my children. I feel selfish working full-time. I've been paying my taxes so I have paid into the system. Would this be bad of me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you the only source of income for your family? Then I say don't quit.

No one likes work. No one wants to be away from their children but in order to do what's bets for them, you just have to.

Yes, I am a SAHM. My daughter is on medicaid and WIC. I would give anything to find a job right now. I don't WANT my child on either of those programs. Daddy works hard and we still have problems paying bills. I've been out looking an there isn't much out there.

Don't quit your job. Things may get very very bad in the near future and if you will find yourself in need of a full time job...And if that happens no form of assistance will help you get through a month.

Consider finding something you can do at home on the computer at least. So you can work while you're at home.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 3:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• You are going to quit your job so that you can get some sort of assistance? You feel selfish working full time to raise your kids? Nothing about this makes sense to me.
    Anonymous

• What doesn't make sense about it?

I want to quit my job and in order to stay home and support my children I would need to get on assistance-just wondering if this would be bad.
    Anonymous

• Assistance for what? How old are your kids? It doesnt matter if you "piad into the system" unless you NEED assistance you should not apply for it because you hate your job...Im sorry but I HATE MY JOB just as much if not more then you and I will not go part time to get assistance....
    Anonymous

• No. There are people who truly need assistance, and you would be taking away from them. I WISH I could find a job right now.
    Anonymous

• or quit for that matter..
    Anonymous

• QUit your job, why stress yourself out with people that aren't important when you can devote time to people that ARE important (your kids)
    Anonymous

• Thank you Anon 2:38pm:)
    Anonymous

• You dont pay into the 'system' just so you can dip into it later on. That makes no sense. If you wanted to be a sahm, the its something you decide when you plan your kids. You will take more from the system than you paid in. If you have a job, be thankful.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Wow and then some folks wonder why others are getting bashed for being on PA. Not everyone abuses it but you would be.

Anonymous