If you've moved away from your children?

How has it been? Mine are grown. I'd like to move away from our current town. My immediate family all live here. I will be moving away from children and grandchildren. But, this is my dream and I feel I am in a place that would making moving and starting fresh better for my life. I want to mention that they could fly from a nearby airport and the cost is extremely cheap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Apr. 22, 2016 in General Parenting

• Do what you want. Kids are grown. They can come and visit you. You can go visit them. There is no law saying you have to live close to your grown kids.

Answer by louise2 at 8:52 AM on Apr. 22, 2016

• It's usually the children who move away when they grow up so why shouldn't it be the parents for once? My point is that we all get used to travelling to see our families so what does it matter who travels to whom?

You only live once so follow your dream!
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 1:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2016

• Lots of parents relocate.

It doesn't have to be permanent after all. Maybe try a rental for a while, and if you hate it, you can move back.

Answer by Bmat at 8:35 AM on Apr. 22, 2016

• I agree...you only live once. Do what you have been wanting to do. In today's world it is so easy to keep in touch. And they will have new adventures when visiting you too. Plus you are setting a wonderful example to them that people need to do what is in their heart.GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:56 AM on Apr. 22, 2016

• When our second batch of kids graduate that is the plan my dh & I have. We will finally be able to retire and by then we figure all of our parents will be gone and we can always travel to see our kids, brother and sisters. We want to move close to a Mission School to help out.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:27 AM on Apr. 22, 2016

• Like another poster said, most of the time it's the children that move away. But, if your children are adults with their own lives, then I see no reason why they should object to you living your life. There are always ways to keep in touch.
    RoboBuddy

Answer by RoboBuddy at 5:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2016

• Go live your life. You already served your time now go do you while your in good health and have the financial ability. Think of all the great stories you can tell your grandkids of your adventures.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 8:47 AM on Apr. 22, 2016

• Ditto to what Bmat said
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:17 AM on Apr. 22, 2016

• My middle son moved out to CA (we live in OH) That was hard on me, but he's good about keeping in touch. I agree that you should follow your dreams and do what makes you happy. There's Skype, phone calls, texts and visits to look forward to when it comes to keeping in touch with family. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 22, 2016

• Thanks Ladies. I appreciate the input.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2016