Generalization or the truth?

How can you tell if a guy is using a generalization vs the truth. A generalization I heard a lot of men say "women are crazy" (If they weren't so slow we wouldn't be lol). My bf says I make something out of nothing (even though it is a big thing).

How can I tell the difference?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 12:47 PM on Apr. 22, 2016 in Relationships

• If he says it,he believes it to be true
    Matka_Kinder

Answer by Matka_Kinder at 1:26 PM on Apr. 22, 2016

• I'd tell him that it IS something to you, and tell him why you feel the way you do. If he can't be empathetic, then you might want to seek couple's counseling.  GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2016

• Basically it's his perception vs yours. Just try to explain to him why you think, whatever it is, is a big deal.
    RoboBuddy

Answer by RoboBuddy at 5:23 PM on Apr. 22, 2016

• It just means he doesn't understand women. No big deal.

Answer by Bmat at 11:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2016

• Embrace the crazy. If he can't handle it, then he's not the right guy for you.
    And if a general statement like that keeps eating away at you enough to have to post about it, (you can't ignore it or brush it off) maybe you need to talk to someone.
    PGA

Answer by PGA at 4:52 AM on Apr. 28, 2016