Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Need Advice On Bullying ASAP!!! Please

MY Niece was Physically assaulted at School Today and it was really Bad her Neck was dug out by this Boy Who in previous Months had Bullied her(we Personally spoke to the principal who assured us it would be dealt with ... Never happened all they did was file it away.) and bloody he attacked her From behind and she fought back and he Scratched Deep(looks like a bear scratched her )Marks on Both sides of her neck refusing to let her go the Police came and took a Statement before we were called and when we got there she was so shaken up over it she couldn't breath :'( After speaking with the School and the police the gave him a Citation and a Slap on the wrist the School said they can suspend him for 3 f*%^$ng Day's and can i just add The day before we found out her friend was also attacked in the same manner and they Did NOTHING about it. had they done something about the initial bullying this could have been prevented but they didn't and we just need to know what to do He can't get a slap on his hand after behavior like that. any Advice Would be Greatly Appreciated :) Thank you.

Answer Question

Asked by CupcakeMom86 at 2:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2016 in Teens (13-17)

Level 2 (9 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • How old are they? I think I'd go back to the police and I'd also be addressing the board. The principal clearnly didn't do her/his job properly so you need to go higher up.

    Good luck to you.

    Answer by goldpandora at 5:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2016

  • Yep, I agree w/ goldpandora- go above the principal straight to the school board. If they don't get you the results you want, then tell them you will be talking to local media. Most schools are supposed to have strict anti-bullying rules and they need to be adhering to them. GL


    Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:08 AM on Apr. 23, 2016

  • get a lawyer (an advocate) and a restraining order TODAY!

    Answer by Ramble_on at 12:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2016

  • I agree with going to the school board/board of directors AND getting a lawyer. I would also be pressing charges against this kid through the police.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 6:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2016

  • File a restraining order and press charges against him.

    Answer by Mme.Langley at 10:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2016

  • I don't know. The old school after school fights worked well back in the day. ;-)

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:16 AM on Apr. 25, 2016

  • Depending on the age I would go to the police and encourage the other parent to go also. The school called so there was an incident report. That is not the same as you filing assault charges. I suggest both families do so.
    I would also suggest contacting a member of your school board. Yes they will look into it if a principal is not doing their job.
    Be sure you take pictures of the injuries.

    Answer by Dardenella at 10:22 PM on Apr. 26, 2016

  • You can report him and take of to the school board as well

    Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:06 AM on Apr. 29, 2016

  • Get an attorney. Now. Let them advise you of what to do next. Write down any / all information about past incidents with any bullies bothering your D where the school was informed of the events that took place.

    Every school my kids have gone to require that the parents and the students sign an anti-bullying policy. If they make you sign something like that, print it out or make a copy of what you have to sign (many times this is found in student handbook and a lot of them are accessible online through the school district sites) and provide that to your attorney as well.

    Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 PM on May. 2, 2016

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.