Workout fanatics, where do you get your motivation? Cuz I have NONE.

I knew I gained some weight, but after seeing pictures of myself in a swimsuit from our vacation I'm super dissapointed in myself for letting it get this bad. I love bread, snack foods, cookies.. Everything unhealthy. And when my period comes I eat everything under the sun. I NEED to make some changes, but there's so many workout programs and healthy eating plans out there that I don't know where to start. I mean its easy to START a healthy lifestyle, but my problem is keeping a healthy lifestyle. I need advice for workouts, healthy eating, tips to stay motivated, any advice will help really. Thanks in advance!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 27, 2016 in Diet & Fitness

• Best place to start is your resting habits. Cut back on bad foods and drinks. If you can't get yourself to exercise. Just walk then.

Answer by louise2 at 7:47 AM on Apr. 27, 2016

• I am hooked on endorphins!! it is the hormones that you release during exercise..this is my motivation, plus the simple fact that this is the one body you get, and it needs to stay with you in good condition for as long as possible. You must get rid of any excuse, and do what you have to do without waiting for motivation from anyone else but yourself....Create a routine, and eventually it will become second nature, and the day you break the routine, your body will tell you how bad it feels...Like Louise said walking is a great way to start.....and even if you eat the occassional junk food, those calories will burn off from exercise, so no need to feel guilty about eating them. Also if you make a really early exercise routine, your body will spend the rest of the day reved up to burn calories without effort...you can do this! I will be 67 this year, and my reward is looking and feeling better than my peers...

Answer by older at 10:17 AM on Apr. 27, 2016

• Glad this was posted. I'm at a point where I know we all need to change some of our bad habits and replace them with good ones. We just lost a friend, who was taken way too soon. I don't wanna be next. And I want to start enjoying my life. Find time for what's important. Not just work, work, work. So go for it OP, I'm right there with ya. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 27, 2016

• I get mine from the knowledge that I will be setting a great example for my children, staying healthy so I can enjoy my life and my family longer, stay attractive to my husband, and be an example to other's so that they can be healthy and enjoy more of life. :)
    LisaAuNatural1

Answer by LisaAuNatural1 at 3:47 AM on Apr. 28, 2016

• I found the only way I get motivated is to have an exercise buddy. Walk the same days each week with the buddy, for example.

Answer by Bmat at 10:12 AM on Apr. 30, 2016