Self addressing envelopes at a baby sprinkle

I'm throwing myself a sprinkle because I didn't get a shower the first time around and I want to have people self address an envelope so I don't forget to send out thank you cards. My question is is that lame? Are people gonna think I'm lazy or something or is it a good idea?

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 11:06 PM on Apr. 28, 2016 in Pregnancy

• Kind of lame.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:13 PM on Apr. 28, 2016

• It's lame when a bride does it.
    Everyone knows a mom with a newborn needs rest, and if an envelope makes things easier on her, then why not?
    PGA

Answer by PGA at 1:42 AM on Apr. 29, 2016

• It may not be elegant, but it gets the task done. Even so, if you can, write the envelopes yourself.

Answer by Bmat at 8:21 AM on Apr. 29, 2016

• Yes, lame. If people give you a gift they usually give you a card too so if you are opening the gifts at the party, ask a friend to write what the gift is on the card you get so you can write specific thank you notes later or give her a note pad to write the name of the person and the gift on.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:56 AM on Apr. 29, 2016

• You could ask a close friend to do this for you at the shower. She could say she is helping you out with details, but not cool to ask everyone to do it for themselves. Congrats!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 1:08 PM on Apr. 29, 2016

• I agree with the above. Try to have someone help you with it.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:57 PM on Apr. 29, 2016

• I'm not opening presents at the party. Making people watch you open what you registered for is boring and beyond stupid. No one should ever open a present at a party unless they are little and even then it just becomes a mess. It's also just gonna be a casual thing no games no ribbon hat just light food, drinks and a gender reveal.
    xHeiligx

Comment by xHeiligx (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Apr. 29, 2016

• That's odd. Every baby shower I have ever been to the Mom to be opens presents at the party.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:00 PM on Apr. 29, 2016

• Personally I love to see all the presents
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 1:49 AM on Apr. 30, 2016

• What is a sprinkle?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 30, 2016