Possible Pregnancy..need advice from women who have been here!?

I tested 12 days before my missed period, and got a faint positive. The reason I tested was because I was having some brown spotting and I didn't understand it...

I called my doc and told her what was going on and she told me to come in and get a blood test. My results came back and I am about 3 weeks pregnant... and nervous =( I have already lost 2 one to a "chemical pregnancy" and other just didn't work.

I am about 8 days before my period is supposed to start and still having some light brown discharge stuff when I wipe, my doctor says that some women just have this. I tested yesterday and got the same faint positive pregnancy test, should I be worried it is not getting darker or am I just too early?

Thanks for helping me =)

kmbrox

Asked by kmbrox at 3:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could always go to the DRs and have them test your levels to make sure that they are rising. Good luck
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The light brown discharge could just be the embryo attaching to your uterine wall. They say that spotting for a little while when that happens is not all that unusual, especially if you say that you're about three weeks pregnant. Heck, I had full out bleeding during my pregnancy and no one ever figured out why. Baby looked fine every time, my vitals were fine, and yet I was bleeding. (It turned out that I had blood clots around my uterus, which caused the bleeding) But, you know your body better than anyone else. If you feel like something may be wrong, call your doc. She's the only one who can medically calm your fears. Good luck to you!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I had a cousin with the same issue regarding the spotting.
    She was just very careful when doing things, like no heavy lifting or high amounts of stress.
    She spotted throught the whole pregnancy and her baby came out beautiful, and a healthy 9lbs 7oz :) so it's quite normal.. just make sure you eat very, VERY healthy and try not to over do things and get LOTS of sleep. Talk to your boss about maybe having less shifts, and working shorter days so you're not stressed out. I'm sure they're be quite understanding about it, and if not just get a drs note :)
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If you already know you're pregnant, why are you continuing to take tests? Seems like you're stressing yourself. Calm down, relax, and chill. Good luck.
    Anonymous