when does the fussiness ease up??

my son does not let me put him down and screams when i do. sometimes even when i hold him he cries. he is going to be 15 weeks tommorrow. is this the norm?? im starting to think something is wrong with him. i mean he cries ALOT. i am out of my mind. anyone else have a baby liek this?

Mgirly84

Asked by Mgirly84 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you had him checked for colic? babys with this cry alot, no matter if you are holding them or not...check with your ped
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Maybe it's colic???? my ds started with it at about 6 weeks old and it lasted for 9 weeks or so. He would have crying/screaming spells daily at about the same time each day. In the beginning they started around 6 pm to 9 pm, stretched to 5 - 11 and then began to decrease and cease. there was nothing to do, i tried everything.
    If you really think there is something bothering him or something physically wrong, call the doctor or take your son in.
    I used to put my son in his chair, strap him in, made sure he's safe, get a cold soda and go outside to play ball with the dog for a few minutes, just needed a few calming moments.
    Good luck
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 3:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I would say colic. My son did this too. He seemed to like the sound of the vacuum. I would put him in his car seat next to the vacuum and turnit on.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 3:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i agree with everyone else about thinking it may be colic. 2 out of 3 of my kids had colic. they liked the vacuum cleaner, clothes dryer, and dish washer. Just be patient. They do outgrow it eventually. Brighter days are comin' momma.
    th78

Answer by th78 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Colic USUALLY gets better at 3 months. I would give him some mylicon gas drops and also some Colic tablets that Hyland makes. If you live any where near a healthfood type store they sell all kinds of natural remedies for colic there. if not, Gripe Water works well either by Little Tummies or Baby Bliss. If nothing like that helps I would talk to the ped because at almost 4 months old all of this should have improved.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 4:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• it sounds like colic, even though i'm not sure i entirely know what that is since my kids didn't have it.

if not, it will ease up when you put him down and let him sleep.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• my daughter was the same way, but she didn't ease up till she was about 6 months. I think it only stopped because she was mobile lol, she was rolling around and stuff
    Anonymous

• Do you have him on a schedule? I know a lot of babies are fussy when they are possibly kept up too long, over stimulated, etc... also, if they are feeding too often, they may not be getting the good hind milk they need. I would try feeding him as soon as he wakes from a nap, then play with him for about half an hour, then leave him on a blanket or bouncy seat to just explore his world without a lot of commotion for a bit, then lay him down for a nap.. keep him up for maybe an hour, to an hour and a half from when he wakes, let him go down with OUT rocking or swinging (it might be heard to hear him cry, but it wont last long and you know you fed him so he isnt starving or in pain)... then continue that routine. He should eat about every 2.5 - 3 hours -ish.. If he sleeps longer in the day time, wake him to feed, but let him sleep at night if he does. Any questions, PM me. I has worked great for me.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 8:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Also, the more you answer to his every cry by holding him, rocking him, etc.. the harder it is going to get. He needs to learn to be 'alone'.. not in arms and stimulated all the time. Its NOT abandoning, is teaching a good habit.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 8:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2009