If you are moving yourself in a pick up?

What do you move first?

I would move the beds first. Then the bathroom and kitchen stuff next.
This is so we could live in the new place right away.
I have been watching our new neighbors moving in across the street.
After a week of moving odds and ends in. They are finally moving the beds in.
Odd to me.
And we would just rent a uhaul and move everything all at once. Saves on gas.

Asked by louise2 at 12:30 PM on May. 17, 2016 in Home & Garden

• Bathroom supplies first!
    Of course, I like to make drives over with items I can carry first and only save the heavy stuff (actual furniture & book boxes) for professionals, to save money.
    RoboBuddy

Answer by RoboBuddy at 1:36 PM on May. 17, 2016

• I'm sorry but why would this matter to you? Maybe go over and ask them when you welcome them to the neighborhood.....
    WSATMom

Answer by WSATMom at 2:52 PM on May. 17, 2016

• Just curious what other people do. I am observation them right now. I don't know if I want to know them yet. We have our house up for sale so if we sell they will not be our neighbors long anyway. And if we do not sell. Well we can always go and say HI.

Comment by louise2 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on May. 17, 2016

• we do the big/heavy stuff first, that way there isn't anything to trip over in the new place. We keep going from biggest to smallest until we're moved.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:19 PM on May. 17, 2016

• I'd get all the furniture in 1st,while we had the energy,then the boxes
    Matka_Kinder

Answer by Matka_Kinder at 5:38 PM on May. 17, 2016

• I have an open me first box. It has bathroom supplies and basic kitchen stuff and cleaners. I also that the entrance rugs so we don't track in dirt while moving.
    It may depend on if they have kids. They may want to keep that stuff where it is until the kids are out of school.
    It may be that they had access later to a larger truck and so decided to get other stuff in first. My MIL was what I called backwards and if there were two trips on two days she set up the pictures on the walls and all that kid of stuff first.
    It also depends on when your "help" is available for the bigger stuff.
    Otherwise I haven't got a clue. We moved everything all at once
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:49 PM on May. 17, 2016

• At my age I would hire movers to do it and meet them at the new house.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:13 PM on May. 17, 2016

• I try not to think about moving, but it's possible they are doing what they can do on their own, and getting help w/ the big stuff later.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:33 PM on May. 17, 2016

• When my BBF moves, it doesn't matter. By the time the last box is brought in, she is unpacking it b/c she has already unpacked the rest.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:10 AM on May. 18, 2016

• It would depend on how soon I had to be out of my current home. If I have a couple of weeks I'd move all the misc stuff I don't need right now. The Christmas decorations, winter clothes, etc. Basically anything I could do without and then make the big move with furniture last.

However, if I needed to be in my new home quickly and not out of my old as quick I'd move the beds, kitchen, etc first and then go back for all the stuff I don't need right away.

Based on what you're saying I would say they did the first.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:18 AM on May. 18, 2016