Does the hospitals still let you take diapers etc. when you have your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine did. they can't reuse the open packs anyways. after the pack is opened, they are no longer sterile. the whole "do not use if package is open" thing.
    Anonymous

• mine did
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I took everything on my son's cart.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 4:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yep, they will let you take diapers, towel wipes, and even nipples and formula if you are formula feeding.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 4:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I took everything in both my children's bassinets and plan to do the same with this one even though it's a diff hospital.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 4:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• i take everything that's been opened and usually the things on the cart that haven't. i even had a nurse bring me tons of extra diapers (i'm talking like 6 packs) because she was so busy and felt terrible that she forgot to bring me my pain pills postpartum. lol. i didn't refuse, i'll tell you that!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yeah we got diapers, wipes, about 36 cans of formula, q-tips, cotton balls, everything you used at the hospital + extras.
    Anonymous

• Yep. They let you take home the diapers and wipes if you want. I assume the receiving blankets are not supposed to go home though.
    Godluvzu

Answer by Godluvzu at 4:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• We took everything that was in the cart, and the nurse even brought us another diaperbag full of things! We took home the receiving blankets too, because I'm such a memory freak! lol. Just be careful because some hospitals will charge you for everything you use, and what you take home. Luckily, medicaid paid for all of my things, or we would have been SOL!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 5:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My hospital let me take everything expect for the little shirt they put on them and the receiving blankets. But they let you take anything that was opened and you used. I also go the diaper bag full of goodies, it was awesome haha.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 5:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009