11 year old boy still wetting bed?

Not all the time, but occasionally. Maybe a few times a month. Also spends 15-30 minutes in restroom every day when going #2. Not my child but curious to see if this is normal or something is wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• He might be going through puberty and may be touching himself , I know someone who's son did the same thing started wetting the bed and going to the bathroom all the time. He got an infection like a urinary infection and they took him to the doctor and it was there that he admitted to touching himself. I suggest taking him to the doctor, something else may be going on.
    Anonymous

• I have a grandson who still wets the bed at almost that age. He's gone to doctors. As for the staying in the bathroom, IDK. I know when I was a kid I stayed in there a long time at my grandmother's but it was to go through her linen closet and see what all was in there. She had a huge closet full of stuff. I would mix mercurchrome and alchohol in a glass and see if it would blow up for bubble. I would play with bandaids. I would wrap ace bandages around my arm. I would put a towel around my shoulders like I was Superman/woman. So don't jump to conclusions. Then again he could have bowel problems.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• My baby sister did the same thing and she had an over active bladder so that might be something you might want to look into.
    Anonymous

• For my son who is slightly younger it turned out to be an obstruction/impaction in the bowels. He would go frequently to try and avoid accidents. Also bed wetting is linked to teeth. I don't know why but our ped dentist asks about bed wetting and said there is a link. Maybe called ped/dr and run by them.
    Anonymous