induction

How do you feel about an induction without pitocin. The doctor agreed to only break my water and not run a drip because I asked if we could go without it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced w/ pitocin and am thankful because it took all the guess work out of everything and I got my epidural on time and had a pain free delivery both times. I'd just use the pit drip and get on with it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The choice is yours, but it may take much longer for you to have the baby. Pitocin helps to speed up the process.
    Anonymous

• I was induced with pitocin also I agree that it did take the guess work out of things but at the same time I would not let my doctor do that again. They started my drip at 8 in the morning and I went all day not feeling anything and my ob even broke my water at 9. I didn't get contractions til 7 at night and when they came they were really bad I would have liked it a lot more if my body would have just gone into labor on its own.
    Anonymous

• I hat pitocin with my other deliveries and I'm hoping for a drug free delivery that is why I have asked to go without the drip. My baby is already engaged and the doc said she believes the delivery will be very fast even without the drip.
    Anonymous

• Why not just wait until labor starts on its own? Is your or your babys health in danger if you just let things start naturally?
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2009