How to handle this?

If your dd13 acted this way with you, I know she loves me but she is not affectionate at all only a short time sitting next to me with her arm draped over my neck/shoulder but truly I feel she's wanting something. She always seems to be bother very easily as if she had a bad day but this is everyday for her. I try talking with her but she makes it quick...I say something she says I don't understand she gets bothered and gives a heavy sigh...wth? or she put her hand/hands on her face and say OK as if saying to herself "ok mom leave me alone" or is really bothered by me when I don't hear her the first time.
I do not know where all this came from...I do give her space what more does she want? She gets what she wants but not EVERYTHING! She should be a happy camper.
Anyone going through this? Thx ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Oct. 30, 2016 in Teens (13-17)

• Sounds like par for the course for a 13 yo ... She'll grow out of it :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:41 AM on Oct. 30, 2016

• It's a teen thing.
    Matka_Kinder

Answer by Matka_Kinder at 9:58 AM on Oct. 30, 2016

• It's called puberty. Get use to it.

Answer by louise2 at 11:27 AM on Oct. 30, 2016

• She is 13. I am sure you were totally wonderful when you were 13+
    LOL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2016

• Exactly what all the ladies above me said.
    RoboBuddy

Answer by RoboBuddy at 1:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2016

• It is her age. Remember that you are not her friend, you are her parent. So continue to set boundaries combined with love and respect.

Answer by Bmat at 5:27 AM on Oct. 31, 2016

• As the mother of a 14 y/o girl, I can tell you what many have already said, it's just typical teenage behavior. I'm lucky that I still get to kiss my daughter's cheek when I'm leaving, or she's headed out the door for school. I know she loves me, and I do get hugs, and the occassional kiss on the cheek, but 9 times out of 10 it's me initiating the affection.

Having a teenager in the house is like traversing a mine field. You have to step carefully to avoid blow ups! lol ;p

Hang in there.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2016

• Good luck with the mine field you have ahead of you. It's a long haul but one that can be made. Just continue to love her, set boundries, etc. Been thru it with 3 and they all survived (so did I).
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2016

• I don't think it has to be typical. My 15 yo DD is still very affectionate. Look for ways to connect with her. Do you share any interests? Take a class together - art, cake decorating, etc or join/start a mom and daughter book club. It is so important to stay involved during the teen years! Yes, most teens need some more space but that doesn't mean as parents we should completely back off.

Answer by missanc at 11:21 AM on Nov. 2, 2016

• has she started her period? my 14yo was just like that til she started her period.
    truckermamma

Answer by truckermamma at 10:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2016