What are healthy snacks that fill you up??

I'm trying my best to lose about 10 lbs, more would be great. I am having a hard time staying full during the day, which makes me want to eat- obviously. What are some healthy snacks that can hold me over til the next meal?? And please don't say meat/cheese/nuts, that makes me want to gag!! I'm trying to cut back on carbs, but I am eating fruit and veggies....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• 90-100 calorie snack packs fill me up, such as Ritz mix, special K bars, etc. It's not the healthiest snack, but it's low in calories.
    Good luck with your weight loss.
    Anonymous

• Try a fiber supplement. That really does help a lot. I know it sounds silly but the sugar free pudding cups do a lot for me. It makes me feel like I have satisfied my craving for something to eat but it's only 10 calories. Peanut butter is great if you like that kind of thing. Anything with protein. I know you said you don't want meat or cheese or nuts but maybe a Special K protein bar.
    Anonymous

• Try drinking more water as well, that may help fill you up....and loose weight. Just a suggestion. My first thought was nuts, but if you don't like them I agree with the prior post, get some 100 cal packs that you like and then get some Special K bars. Those should do the trick! Best of luck!
    bmotterbacher

Answer by bmotterbacher at 9:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Try a smoothie--frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, blackberries, raspberries, etc), honey, 1% milk, a little frozen apple juice concentrate and a banana. I don't use ice cubes because the frozen fruit do that. You will find an energy burst and you will be satisfied until the next meal.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am not sure a regular blender will blend this (I have a Vita Mix) but I blend up an apple and some veggies when I get hungry in the afternoon. I also put a teaspoon of olive oil in it. There is a lot of info on green smoothies at greensmoothiegirl.com. If you don't want to do green smoothies--try blending an apple with 1-2 cups of water and a little protein powder---I also like Fruitein in smoothies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Try taking in alot of fiber and protien during the day and you should be eating about 5 times a day. Don't deprive yourself!!!!! i would love to help you get that 10 lbs. off let me know if i can help you. Check out my site beachbodycoach.com/timetobfit
    skichik

Answer by skichik at 1:58 AM on Feb. 25, 2009