Help fear about being a mommy

I am so emtional today. I keep crying and crying. I feel like I cant do anything right. I think everythings gotta be perfect. Im on my hubbys nerves and I am getting so scared that Im going to be a mommy and have so many resposibilites. Can I do this? I mean I know I can and will im just scared of everything today, and I want so badly to just be happy about having a baby but my fear is in the way. Whats wrong with me today? Is this normal? Has anyone else felt this way this extreme?
Please no bashing Im already feeling bad today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it is your hormones and yes I have had those days. It will get better once they settle down. hope this helps. good luck hun
    olinanelson

Answer by olinanelson at 4:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• If you love your child, you will probably be a good mom. Just be calm and remember that your child will love you no matter what. Things don't have to be perfect. Your love for your baby will make things perfect. Being a mom is hard, but sooo rewarding! olinanelson is right, probably hormones. Everyone had "off" days. It will pass. When are you due?
    blue-eyedmama

Answer by blue-eyedmama at 5:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I am due april 24th. Im 31weeks. Not to much longer.
    Anonymous

• You are going to do it and be fine. Fear is natural...there is no way to truly prepare for this job...and pregnancy hormones will get you every time. Get the rest you need, take the time for yourself to do things you can enjoy and don't worry about being perfect. Its not easy. We all think we can raise perfect babies, make perfect choices, cook perfect meals and keep a perfect house...none of us are Martha Stewart and when you think about it....she has a staff of hundreds that make her appear "perfect". The most important thing to remember is that to your children you are everything...you can have a rough day, feed them peanut butter 3 nights in a row, and lose your temper when you hit your wits end - they will still think you can do no wrong - you are perfect in their eyes....Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy...having a munchkin moving around inside you is one of the best feelings in the world...and try to relax :)
    romanojm

Answer by romanojm at 9:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2009