What could this be? (Pet)

On Tuesday pm we dropped our 2 yr. old male dog at boarding until Saturday am.
We picked him up and of course he was happy but later that day he seemed really to himself and when he'd bark he sounded hoarse. His testicles look red too. I can not help not thinking anything negative.
You know how you hear stories of daycare nightmares, well this is how I'm feeling about my dog. :(
Should I be worried? I'm sure he's fine maybe getting over the separation anxiety.
Thanks Ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Mar. 18, 2017 in Pets

• Well for one he sounds like he could have kennel cough. So you should take him to the vet if he's not up-to-date on that particular shot. I'm not sure what to say about his other issue. So the vet should probably look into that too.

Is he eating, drinking, doing his business, etc? Also, sometimes animals pout and/or ignore you when you first get home. They're happy to see you again, but also mad at you for leaving them.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:46 AM on Mar. 19, 2017

• I agree. If whatever is going on with the dog keeps going on. Bring the dog to the Vet.

Answer by louise2 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 19, 2017

• Have a vet check him out. It is possible that he barked and barked and got hoarse and maybe licked himself out of anxiety. But the vet should be able to figure it out.

Answer by Bmat at 9:23 AM on Mar. 19, 2017

• I think a vet check is a good idea. Even if only for your own peace of mind
    Couponluv42

Answer by Couponluv42 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 22, 2017

• the hoarseness could just be him barking because it was stressful for him.
    The testes being red and maybe sensitive would warrant a vet visit ASAP
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:54 PM on Mar. 25, 2017