Have you ever enjoyed the experience of jury duty?

I know I shouldn't dread it because it's part of my responsibility but I just don't like getting that notice in the mail. I'm not the type of person to sit and pass judgement on someone else which make it even harder. Have you ever been and enjoyed the experience?

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2017 in Money & Work

• I've shown up for the picking process. We were told that if we weren't picked for a jury pool the first day (Monday) that we would be dismissed and didn't need to come back. At 4:15 about 50 of us were called to be interviewed the next day. I had to show up again and they asked a few questions, one of which got me rejected by one of the attorneys. There was going to be a police officer that was going to testify and they didn't want anyone on the jury that had family that was involved in law enforcement. I haven't had to go any other time since I had been a stay at home mom and didn't have anyone to care for my kids should I get picked for a jury. Now I'm an independent contractor and I have the same problem, as well as no employer to pay for my time spent on a jury.

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:29 PM on Mar. 26, 2017

• I got a summons once in the mail. I was nursing my oldest then (now 13). I responded that I'd love to serve, as long as there was onsite care for my child. I was excused and haven't received a summons since.

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:21 PM on Mar. 26, 2017

• I was told that since DH had health issues & not working and I should have asked for an exception instead of taking the day off.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Mar. 26, 2017

• I've always gotten out of having to show up for the selection process since I'm a single/divorced mom & have no one to care for my kids if I'm sequestered.

Answer by RoboBuddy at 10:37 PM on Mar. 26, 2017

• Yes, I served at a one day trial. Very interesting. My kids were teens by then and childcare was not an issue. I enjoyed the experience.

Answer by silverbuttons at 11:34 PM on Mar. 26, 2017

• I was chosen to show up for the selection process but dismissed.

Answer by Bmat at 8:33 AM on Mar. 27, 2017

• I was chosen for the selection process but was not chosen

Answer by liss05 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 27, 2017

• No,luckily we don't have alot of high profile cases in my county. Usually if some dumb ass says they want a jury trial for something minor,they're swayed by the public defender to re-think that idea

Answer by Matka_Kinder at 12:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2017

• I was called but I was never selected.

Answer by DJDNY at 4:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2017

• I actually served on one. Only took 2 days but it was really interesting. I found it interesting to just sit back while it was deliberated and see how stupid one of the ladies was when it came time to find the man guilty or not guilty. It took almost 2 hours and 3 calls for clairification. I mean the man had pretty much SAID he did it when he was on the stand.

Answer by baconbits at 4:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2017