Women being abducted in United States!?

First I want to say, it is a terrible thing!
Don't you think you should have some common sense about walk or running alone!? Don't run alone in the woods or isolated areas alone? Don't wear your earbuds so you can't hear your surroundings!? Pay attention to your surroundings!!!!! And don't think just because you are walking or running with your dog!!! That that is going to stop a abductor!!!!

Asked by louise2 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2017 in Politics & Current Events

• People can be idiots. You shouldn't have to worry about it but the facts say you have to be. Be smart and be aware at all times. Run with someone else.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2017

• I learned from a very young age, that there's usually safety in numbers. So I agree with avoiding being out alone if at all possible. And it's important to pay attention to your surroundings. It's ashame it has to be that way, but that's the world we live in sadly.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2017

• I have friends who think I'm paranoid because I won't let my daughter walk home alone. We're in the country, about a mile from the school. Not very far but the last 500 yards before you reach the end of our lane has absolutely no visibility on it. Not a single house that can see it, a ditch on one side and a field of truffle oaks on the other. She's allowed to walk until the last house and then I come to meet her (on foot or with the car). It's also a one lane road (two cars can't meet without one half-leaving the road) and we're in a highly touristy region - we have lots of strangers all year round.

I don't think it's paranoia, I think it's common sense. My father was a policeman who drummed safety considerations into my thick skull for years :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 8:55 AM on Apr. 1, 2017