Ladies help me with my job please

I have a great paying job for my area. But I'm just not satisfied with it. It's a lot of work, a lot more than what was told in my job interview. It's nothing I can't learn, but it just seems that they are throwing things at me too fast. I learn one thing and before I can adjust, they are presenting more things. This is on top of being able to answer the phone every time it rings. And being scored on my calls. I'm all about pleasing the customer, so I'm seeing a lot of issues popping up. I can't get to my other work without leaving something out. Would you look for another job, or have a talk with the boss?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2017 in Money & Work

• First, I would look up the job listing again and see what's listed as your duties. Then, I'd take that listing to your supervisor and tell him you're willing to do XYZ, because that's what you applied for, as listed; you're also willing to do ABC extra, but GHI you are not willing to do at this time.

If you don't draw your line in the sand now, they will keep piling things on you that are not in your job description.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:53 AM on Apr. 1, 2017

• I might have some interviews set up but I would talk with my boss if I really loved the job overall.
    If it is only the money I would look for a new job and have it before confronting my boss.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:46 PM on Apr. 1, 2017

• Always best to try to sort things out with your boss. Nothing wrong with going over what you thought were the job duties and discussing how other duties have been added. GL
    silverbuttons

Answer by silverbuttons at 7:59 PM on Apr. 1, 2017

• Yes, talk to your boss. Let them know what you just said here. If they can't offer solutions to your concerns, then you can start looking for a different job. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:36 AM on Apr. 1, 2017

• Talk with your supervisor. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 8:27 AM on Apr. 1, 2017

• Do you have a written job description?

Answer by louise2 at 8:44 AM on Apr. 1, 2017

• I agree with Rose's advice.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:45 AM on Apr. 2, 2017

• No louise2, he told me I would mostly be answering phones and taking orders. Once I mastered that, it was more and more. Now I am at a point where I felt I could manage and he sprung this major paperwork thing on me, it requires a lot of follow ups, follow throughs, dealing with various companies to get more services together. It's like a Secretary, Receptionist, Customer Service Rep, ARAP, Call Center, Dispatch position but there's always more. I'm so frustrated I want to cry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Apr. 1, 2017

• I need to add a bit more info. I'm not complaining about the hours or pay. My frustration is that I was not told all this in my initial interview. I wasn't told all of this until I mastered the phones and input information. I almost feel that they are testing me by piling other people's jobs on me so they have less work to do. I also need to add that before me, one person walked out and one quit. I really didn't want to do that, I wanted to give it a go, but I'm so overwhelmed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:00 AM on Apr. 1, 2017

• Great advice ladies. Thank you.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on Apr. 1, 2017