Can someone hack your cell phone & steal your data?

My aunt thinks that my sister's boyfriend has downloaded an app on his phone to hack into her cell phone & has used her data usage.
The first thing that brought it to her attention was, whenever he would use his phone to call someone, it would ring her phone too, & she would answer, and she could hear him & the other person talking, but they could not hear her. Then she gets a notification that most of her data been used up.
She is highly suspicious of him. He & my sister has a bad history of stealing. Could it be that my aunt could be right? And what can i do to prevent him from doing this to me? If i block his number from calling or texting me, will it also block him from hacking into my phone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on May. 9, 2017 in Relationships

• unless she allows it. it cant happen.. tell her not to worry. he's just playing a sick joke on her that is not okay.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 9:53 PM on May. 9, 2017

• If in doubt check with your cell phone provider. They can tell you what the data was used for and if this is even possible. Google and see what it brings up.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:50 AM on May. 10, 2017

• Yes! I watched something on GMA about this.

Answer by louise2 at 10:24 AM on May. 10, 2017

• Best to just call her provider and see what they can tell her.
    w0nd3rbr3ad

Answer by w0nd3rbr3ad at 1:20 AM on May. 20, 2017