If you had to leave America

what would you miss the most?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 5:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• the food!
    Anonymous

• At this point, not much.
    Anonymous

• Freedom to be what I want and do what I want.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 5:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• We were in Germany for 3 years. I thought I missed the good ol USA. But found out when we got back,,I really didn't. I only missed the food. I would live in Europe in a heart beat if I could.

Answer by louise2 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• all night shopping. I too lived in Germany for 6 years and most stores close early. The first day back I went shopping at Walmart at 3 am cause I could. And yes louise2 I would go back in a heartbeat. I loved Europe. Not to llive forever but maybe another 6 years.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• I agree with louise2. We spent 2 years in Guam (which is a US territory, but much more beautiful, relaxed, and pleasant than anywhere I've been in the states) and 3 years in Spain. I would go back to Spain in a heartbeat. I would not miss American food as the food in Spain is so amazing, plus my hubby and I cook really well. I wouldn't miss the shopping either because they have some great shopping there, and for the most part in Europe you are free to live how you wish. Yes Spain was predominantly Catholic but they do have other churches, and their laws are much like our own. They have lower crime rates, lower teen pregnancy, fewer drug and alcohol problems, and a lot fewer health issues!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• The food, definitely. In college, a group of us went to Europe for 2 weeks. I was sick as a dog by day 3 and by the time we got back, I was seriously ill for another 2 months.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Nothing..I lived overseas in Italy for 3 years and missed certain conveniences, but otherwise, NOTHING. Everything that was here when I left was still here when I returned.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2009