"unfavorable" cervix?????

ok 40 weeks
today i went to the doc
and he says that i have an unfavorable cervix (i guess nothing is happing and i stopped dropping or something)
and that he cant induce me untill a week after my due date
so i was happy with that
but he says that even if nothing is still happing hes gonna want to induce
so my questions is has this ever happend to anyone and if so
they did get induced in the end or go into labor by them selfs????

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep I had an unfavorale cervix with my last 3 pregnancies and had to be induced those 3 times. All it means is that your cervix isnt looking like its prepared to deliver the baby which means its either far back, thick, not effacing and youre not dilating. Whatll happen if you dont start getting ready theyll likely insert a gel pill into you the night before induction. Sometimes that alone starts labor. If not it softens the cervix and makes it more favorable for delivering so they can break your water or start pitocin on you knowing itll result in delivery.Good luck. Its no fun.

Answer by gemgem at 5:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2009

• Yes, I had an unfavorable cervix the day I went into labor on my own. It really means nothing at all.

Also, you still have 2 weeks before you are out of the normal range. Pregnancy lasts from 37 to 42 weeks, not 40.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2009