Does it bother you when someone discusses their religion?

Now I'm not talking about trying to force it down your throat but simply talking about why they believe as they do. Can you have a nice conversation about it without going bonkers?

I have friends that believe differently then I do and when people find out we're friends they tend to think we're lying that we all can get along without tearing each other down because we believe differently. Sure we want them to believe as we do but accept that everyone has to make their own choices. Is it actually that hard to be friends with someone of another religion?

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 9:29 AM on Apr. 6, 2018 in Religious Debate

• I actually enjoy learning about what others believe as long as I have a bit of time. If they want to argue or demean then no.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2018

• Yes & No.

I'm an atheist who now lives in & grew up in the American South. So, obviously I'd have no friends if I got upset every time someone I know brought up religion. But, I have to admit that I have days when I just get sick to death of seeing/hearing about religion. This is usually not caused by 1 person but, an overload of religion through out my day/week/month. And, at that moment, I may snap at someone I normally wouldn't. Or at least not hide my disdain for the subject by rolling my eyes or etc.
    RoboBuddy

Answer by RoboBuddy at 2:11 PM on Apr. 6, 2018

• I like learning what others believe and why... and with some people that's a conversation you can have. With some though, it's a LOT harder *many in my family for example. If you don't believe their way- you are headed straight to Hell and they have no interest in hearing why you believe what you do
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2018

• I married a Mormon and I'm Pagan.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:31 PM on Apr. 6, 2018

• Yeah
    I'd rather not hear about it. Unless I ask about it,I don't need to hear about what your god/religion thinks about certain subjects
    Matka_Kinder

Answer by Matka_Kinder at 7:25 PM on Apr. 7, 2018

• I haven't heard anyone discuss religion for several decades. In fact, I can't remember the last time I did. There was a woman in one of my classes at university who invited me several times (but was not pushy in any way) to her bible group but that doesn't really count, does it?
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 3:34 AM on Apr. 9, 2018

• It doesn't bother me at all.
    I never talk about my own though
    momngram

Answer by momngram at 12:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2018